The interior network of railways at the Port of Algeciras Bay (known as “RFPBA”) is made up of three branches:
Branch Nº 1. Rail link to the Isla Verde Interior Rail Terminal (T2) from the Port’s South Gate.
Work completed and currently operative. The railway line is 2,150 metres long and has two fans of sidings with three tracks each.
- The first fan of sidings makes up the Isla Verde Rail Terminal and has the following effective rake lengths, between fouling points:
- Track Nº 1: 300 m.
- Track Nº 2: 335 m.
- Track Nº 3: 300 m.
- The second fan of sidings also has three tracks: Tracks Nºs 1, 4 and 5, with effective rake lengths between 500-550 metres. This line is the rail link to Juan Carlos I Quay, but is not currently operational. Rail access to T2 leads from the Port of Algeciras Bay’s South Gate.
Branch Nº 2. Rail link to the Isla Verde Exterior Rail Terminal (T1) from the Port’s South Gate.
The railway line is 3,898 metres long in total, including the fan of sidings located at the Isla Verde Exterior Rail Terminal. The sidings consist of three tracks and has the following effective rake lengths, between fouling points:
- Track Nº 1: 591 m.
- Track Nº 2: 629 m.
- Track Nº 3: 591 m.
Rail access to T1 leads from the Port of Algeciras Bay’s South Gate.
Branch Nº 3. Rail link between Terminals T1 and T2.
The railway line is 263 metres long.
Rail Link Timetable:
|RENFE FREIGHT MULTINAVIERA SERVICE|
|Terminal Ferroportuaria de Isla Verde Exterior (T1) - Madrid (Puerto Seco de Coslada) – Terminal Ferroportuaria de Isla Verde Exterior (T1)|
Lunes, martes, miércoles, jueves y viernes
|ARRIVAL AT T1:
|DEPARTURE FROM T1:
- SA-1 Train arrival to Port of Algeciras Bay
- SA-2 Train departure from Port of Algeciras Bay
- SC-1 Operations to materials associated to arrival or departure of trains to/from the Port
- SC-4A Shunting manoeuvres within the port facilities without shunting engines
- SC-6 Shunting of Intermodal Transport Units
- SC-9 Exceptional Loads
- SX-1 Commercial Invoicing
- SX-2 Stabling & Use of Port sidings
- SX-8 Modification and/or alteration of rail infrastructure for exceptional loads
- Verification of container seals